building community, advancing equity
Slavery made America wealthy, and racist policies since have blocked African American wealth-building. Can we calculate the economic damage?
Susan Naimark provides consulting services to grassroots groups, nonprofit organizations, public school parent groups, schools and other public agencies.
BUILDING CROSS-SECTOR COLLABORATIONS
My focus is on creating bridges between the different worlds in which I have been deeply involved: public schools, community development organizations, advocacy and organizing groups.
My work helps people develop the skills, relationships, and understanding that enable them to work together to build equitable communities with renewed energy, motivation and hope.
OVERVIEW OF SERVICES OFFERED
- technical assistance
- supporting leaders, staff, volunteers and constituents
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- community building
- program development
- building racial equity
- cross-cultural collaboration
- education reform organizing
- organizational systems to support volunteers and community partnerships
- participatory decision-making processes